To apply for Media Accreditation, please complete the online form below. Only one submission per media outlet is necessary, however each staff member requesting a credential should be listed. Note: We anticipate a high-level of media interest and credentials are limited
- Working Press: Individuals who are in the business of newsgathering as their primary source of revenue. Members of the press are defined as those who are full-time, paid employees or representatives of known and established media organizations, including magazines, websites, radio and television stations.
- Freelance: Journalists, photographers, videographers and bloggers on a specific assignment from a known and established media organization.
Media credentials are not intended for those who sell photographs, footage, or images. Credentials will not be issued to those involved in commercial ventures, unless written consent and specific approval is obtained from the BMO Vancouver Marathon.
Accredited photographers, broadcast outlets, and special projects wishing to cover BMO Vancouver Marathon events will observe the following:
- Be on assignment from recognized organization and use professional equipment
- Adhere to the assignments and restrictions enumerated prior to and specific to the event
- Obey all the instructions distributed during credential check-in
- Only use images or footage taken at an event, including those of athletes competing, for editorial purposes, or for purposes outlined and documented in pre-race agreements
In addition, the following rules must be observed:
- No standing on the course while runners are competing
- No climbing fences, traffic or streetlight poles, trees, or other structures
- Respect and adhere to any directions or restrictions from BMO Vancouver Marathon organizers or security personnel
Once Elite Athletes finish their race, they will be ushered to the Elite Tent to cool down and have a refreshment. Afterwards, they will be made available for interviews and brought over to the Media Tent for you to interview, per request.
For everyone’s safety, photographers should never stand on the course while runners are competing:
- At the Start Line, photo opportunities are available along the side of Midlothian Ave.
- At the Finish Line, only approved photographers with a safety vest are allowed into the Photography Zone, marked 30 feet from the Finish Line.
- Half Marathon Award Ceremony – 9:00am
- Marathon Awards Ceremony – 11:45am