You are part of a record-breaking year! The BMO Vancouver Marathon has registered more than 17,000 for the first time since its inception in 1972, breaking all-time records. Read the press release here. We can’t wait to celebrate with all of you #bmovm #runvan
Gear check is available to all Marathon, Half Marathon, 8KM and Relay runners.
- Put your gear into the 21″x26″ clear plastic bag, found in your race package
- Detach the label from your race bib and zip it to the bag
- Bring your bag to the Gear Check counter
After you finish, continue along Pender in the runners compound to your race’s designated Gear Pickup Area. Any lost or left items must be claimed from the Information Tent at the Finish Line by 5pm on race day.
This year sees the return of eight past champions, including reigning champions Natasha Wodak, Daniel Kipkoech, Kip Kangogo and Gladys Tarus. See elite roster.
Luka Chelimo – 2:18:37 (2015)
Kim Doerksen – 2:37:00 (2014)
Paul Kimugul – 1:02:36 (2014)
Jane Murage – 1:12:53 (2015)
Schedule of Events
- Health Sports & Lifestyle Expo – Vancouver Convention Centre West
Saturday, May 5
- 9:00am: Running Room Friendship Run – Running Room Denman
- 11:00am: Kids Run – Stanley Park, Ceperley Park
- 7:00am: Half Marathon Start – Queen Elizabeth Park, Midlothian Ave
- 8:30am: Marathon & Relay Start – Queen Elizabeth Park, Midlothian Ave
- 9:30am: 8KM Start – Stanley Park, Lagoon Dr
- 8:00am-3:30pm: Finish Line – W Pender St, between Bute & Thurlow
- 8:30am-3:30pm: Street Festival – W Hastings, between Bute & Burrard