The BMO Vancouver Marathon is held annually in May. Our vision is to be the world’s best running experience, celebrating all that is Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Canada’s most scenic destination race, and one of the top destination marathons anywhere in the world
- Runners from more than 60 countries now annually run the race held annually on the first weekend of May
- Ranked a Top Destination Marathon by the likes of Forbes, CNN, USA Today, more (see: awards)
- 70% shoreline, the marathon runs along the Seawall – the world’s longest uninterrupted waterfront path
- Fast and scenic Half Marathon is home of the BC Half Marathon Championships, in conjunction with BC Athletics
- 8KM race, Relay, Walk and Kids Run provides an event for everyone, and all finishers receive a medal!
- Only event of its kind in North America with multiple point-to-point courses all merging to an energized downtown Finish Line
- Spring event offers superb running temperatures, cherry blossoms and snow-capped mountain scenery
- Runners pass by iconic Vancouver landmarks, parks and ocean (see: photos)
- Organized by the local non-profit Vancouver International Marathon Society – RUNVAN®
- Promoting healthy, active lifestyles, and community engagement
- Races for everyone with Vancouver’s only Marathon, a fast Half Marathon, 8KM, Relay, Walk, Kids Run
- Race shirt, medal and beer for all of legal age, plus youth, student, senior specials, and team prizes
- Free three-day Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo
- 30+ Entertainment Stations on course
- Over $14.5 Million raised for charity
- Supported by 4,000 volunteers annually
- Tradition dating back to 1972
Join in! RUNVAN®
Vancouver’s only marathon began in 1972 with 32 finishers and last year welcomed a record-breaking 16,500+ registrants from 60+ countries.