Book your hotel now to save 50% and enjoy express package pick-up!
Registration hasn’t opened yet but you can book your hotel now at Marathon.beVancouver.com and receive 50% off the 2017 BMO Vancouver Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay, or 8KM when race registration does officially open in September.
Book your hotel deal in the month of August and receive:
- Guaranteed entry into the world-renowned BMO Vancouver Marathon
- Priority race registration before the event goes on-sale to general public
- Access to Express Package Pick-up at the Health, Sports & Lifestyle Expo
And mark your calendar!
Vancouver’s only marathon event annually falls on the first weekend of May. In 2017, that means the BMO Vancouver Marathon will occur on Sunday, May 7, 2017.
Experience one of the World’s Top Destination Marathons
Plan your vacation to Vancouver, BC, Canada, and join us in May 2017 for the event’s 46th year! Renowned for its unique scenic views of snow-capped mountains and shorelines, the BMO Vancouver Marathon is recognized by Forbes, CNN, USA Today and others as one of the top destination marathons anywhere in the World. Experience ‘Stunning + Running’ at this award-winning marathon event that welcomed runners from over 60 countries in 2016! Join in at the free Expo: May 4-6 and on Race Day: May 7, 2017
Enjoy Canada’s Most Scenic Running Event
Award Winning Marathon
The BMO Vancouver Marathon has been ranked one of the top travel destination marathons in the world by Forbes, CNN, USA Today and others. View some of our recent accolades in the rotating GIF above and here. Come experience Stunning Running.
Welcome to Vancouver and the BMO Vancouver Marathon, an internationally recognized event – named one of the World’s top destination marathons by the likes of Forbes, CNN and USA Today.
Ranked Canada’s Top Travel Destination by Travel + Leisure, Vancouver is a gorgeous, sophisticated city boasting natural beauty, big city experiences and diverse neighbourhoods. We love fresh air, adventure and fun! For runners, it is paradise.
Vancouver has a thriving running culture. Nearly every neighbourhood and suburb boasts run clubs and running trails for runners of all kinds. With Pacific Ocean and mountain views, beaches, and a stunning city skyline, Vancouver runners get the best of all worlds.
The BMO Vancouver Marathon showcases some of the best of these coveted Vancouver running routes, spanning 3 Parks, 6 Beaches and 12 Neighbourhoods. For visiting spectators, the course also features ‘hot spot’ locations for the best race views.
Vancouver is a world-class travel destination
Each year the BMO Vancouver Marathon welcomes destination runners, from as near as Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Seattle and San Francisco, California, to Oregon, Texas, Colorado, New York, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mexico, Japan, the United Kingdom, Germany, Hong Kong, China, Australia, Brazil, France and Spain. In 2015, runners from over 50 countries signed up to participate in the BMO Vancouver Marathon!
Home of the 2010 Olympic Games and TED Talks, Vancouver has racked up some noteworthy mentions.
Here are some of the awards the city has won:
- North America’s Greenest City – Global Green Economy Index (2014)
- Top Travel Destination in Canada – Travel + Leisure (2014)
- Best Destination in Canada – Travel Weekly (2014)
- Stanley Park: Top Park in the World – TripAdvisor (2014)
- Top 10 Beach Cities – National Geographic Magazine (2013)
How to get here
To and from Vancouver
Getting to and from Vancouver is about exploring and embracing a Westcoast adventure. Whether you arrive by ferry, bus, train or plane, you will be overcome with awe by the nature that serves as a backdrop to our breathtaking city. And just wait until you hit the pavement…
Vancouver has direct flights to many locations internationally. We also welcome a large international field, with over 50 countries represented in 2015.
Here are some helpful links:
- Vancouver International Airport
- BC Ferries
- Greyhound intercity bus service
- Amtrak train service
- VIA Rail train service
- TransLink, Greater Vancouver’s transit service, includes convenient bus and Sky Train travel
- Aquabus ferry service can take you from downtown/Waterfront Station to Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver
- Taxi service is readily available at the airport, train station, ferry terminals and major hotels.
To learn more about Vancouver, you may also visit Tourism Vancouver, one of Canada’s top Convention and Visitor Bureaus. Its focus is on building exceptional customer relationships through innovation, partnership, research and accountability. The BMO Vancouver Marathon and Vancouver International Marathon Society have similar values and goals, and are proud members of Tourism Vancouver.
Award Winning, BMO Vancouver Marathon
Aside from the travel reasons to visit Vancouver, BC, come for the race and experience Vancouver’s only marathon!
- 100% Race Rating – Impact Magazine (2015)
- The World’s 10 Best Half Marathons – The Active Times (2015)
- Top 10 Marathons Worth Traveling For – Forbes Magazine (2014)
- Best Marathon in Western Canada – Get Out There Magazine (2014)
- 14 spring races all runners should try – USA Today (2014)
- Run the world: Guide to the Most Exotic Marathons – CNN Travel (2013)
- Top 10 Marathons Worth Traveling For – Forbes Magazine (2012)
- Best Marathon in Western Canada – Get Out There Magazine (2012)
Canada’s Top Destination Race
Three Parks. Six Beaches. Twelve Neighbourhoods.
Visiting Vancouver, BC, Canada from the USA?
Exchange Rate Savings
In late April 2015, $1 US Dollar = $1.25 Canadian. That’s a great deal if you’re coming from the United States. Let your money go farther in Canada!
US Citizens Entering Canada
As of June 1, 2009, visitors from every country traveling to Canada by air, land or sea require a passport or equivalent travel document.
For US Citizens additional information is available at:
Canada Customs – General Information:
Canada Customs – Information for Visitors to Canada:
US Department of State
Department of Homeland Security
Border wait times:
Live USA-Canada Border Traffic Cameras (Lower Mainland British Columbia):
Sport Tour Operators
Sport Tour Operators
The BMO Vancouver Marathon also works with international tour groups that offer travel, accommodation and race entry packages for national and international participants. If you are looking for travel packages, consider using one of these Sport Tour Operators.