ELITE APPLICATION NOW OPEN
Hello and thanks for your interest in the Elite Program for Vancouver Marathon. 2019 was an incredibly successful year with our 2 Japanese Champions: Boston Marathon Champion Yuki Kawauchi, and his new wife Yuko Mizuguchi. I hope you’ll be able to join us in May 2020 for a truly exceptional racing experience in our beautiful city. All the best with your runs and races!
The Invited Athlete Program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon strives to foster Canadian runners while respecting the importance of the international running community in celebration of event records and high performance.
|Should an elite break a Course Record in either the Marathon or Half Marathon, they will receive Course Record Bonuses of $2,000 and $1,000, respectively. Only the first runner to break the record bonus will receive the reward.|
|Marathon||2:15:01||Yuki Kawauchi (JAP) 2019||2:37:00||Kim Doerksen (CAN) 2014|
|Half Marathon||1:02:36||Paul Kimugul (KEN) 2014||1:12:53||Jane Murage (KEN) 2015|
Overall Performance Awards
|1st place||$3,000||$3,000||1st place||$1,500||$1,500|
|2nd place||$2,000||$,2000||2nd place||$800||$800|
|3rd place||$1,000||$1,000||3rd place||$500||$500|
|4th place||$500||$500||4th place||$300||$300|
|5th place||$200||$200||5th place||$100||$100|
Top Canadian Performance Awards
|1st place||$1,000||$1,000||1st place||$750||$750|
|2nd place||$750||$750||2nd place||$400||$400|
|3rd place||$500||$500||3rd place||$200||$200|
Thus, if a Canadian wins the Marathon with a course record, they can earn $6,000 = $2,000 course record + $3,000 first-place + $1,000 for Top Canadian.
Masters (40+) Performance Awards
|1st place||$500||$500||1st place||$300||$300|
|2nd place||$300||$300||2nd place||$200||$200|
|3rd place||$200||$200||3rd place||$100||$100|
Wheelers (Only Half Marathon) Performance Awards
|2nd place||prize pack||prize pack|
|3rd place||prize pack||prize pack|
Invited Athlete Requirements
Automatic Acceptance if ranked Top 10 in BC for 2018
|Half Marathon||1:10||1:20||Half Marathon||1:06||1:15|
Masters (40+) Invited Athlete requirements:
- Invited Athletes: Recieve Complimentary Entry, Elite Athlete Start Zone, Elite Hospitality, Elite Athlete Drink Support, Course Tours and Event Day Transportation. Course Tours based on demand. Limited acceptance based on the applications and up to the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
- Travel Assistance: Travel Assistance for Top 5 Finishers Post-Event up to $400 in North America only.
- Accommodation: Limited to a maximum of 24 athletes based on applications and up to the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
- All athletes must have run on a certified course within the last two years
- Applications will be processed as they are received.
- Applications MUST be received by February 28.
- All athletes must be current members of their provincial branch of Athletics Canada OR of their national federation.
- To be eligible for the Top Canadian Athlete Awards, athletes must be Canadian citizens.
- Travel assistance will be limited to within North America to a maximum of $400 for Top 5 Finishers in each event only.
- Athletes must have their own identification to enter and exit the country.
- Limited invitation letters will be provided at the Elite Athlete Coordinator discretion.
NOTE: Invited Athlete acceptance is limited and will be considered on a case by case basis. This is an application only and does not guarantee acceptance. Once we have received your application, the Elite Athlete Coordinator will contact you to discuss your acceptance. Thank you for understanding!
PAST CHAMPIONS | PAST RESULTS | EVENT RECORDS | WORLD RECORDS