ELITE APPLICATION CLOSED
Thank you for your interest in the Elite Athlete program. The application deadline was February 15th. For special consideration, please contact the elite athlete program coordinator directly at email@example.com. All the best and please consider applying earlier next year!
The Invited Athlete Program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon strives to foster Canadian runners while respecting the importance of the international running community in celebration of event records and high performance.
|Male Overall||Male Canadian||Female Overall||Female Canadian|
|Marathon||2:15:01 (Kawauchi)||2:25:10 (Watson)||2:37:00 (Doerksen)||2:37:00 (Doerksen)|
|Half Marathon||1:02:36 (Kimugul)||1:04:48 (Watson)||1:12:53 (Murage)||1:12:58 (Wodak)|
|$2,000 and $1,000 will respectively be awarded to Elites who break the Marathon or Half Marathon Course Records. Canadian Course Record Bonuses of $1,000 and $500 in the Marathon and Half Marathon respectively are also up for grabs! Only the first runner to break the record will win the reward.|
Overall Performance Awards
|Thus, an International Elite who wins the Marathon with a course record earns $5,000 = $3,000 for 1st + $2,000 course record, or $2,500 if the Half Marathon is won in a course record. A select group of Elite athletes will also receive travel accommodation based on the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.|
Top Canadian Performance Awards
|1st Canadian||$1,000||$1,000||1st Canadian||$750||$750|
|2nd Canadian||$750||$750||2nd Canadian||$400||$400|
|3rd Canadian||$500||$500||3rd Canadian||$200||$200|
|Thus, a Canadian who wins the Marathon with a course record earns $7,000 = $3,000 for 1st + $1,000 for Top Canadian + $1,000 Canadian course record + $2,000 Overall course record. In the Half Marathon, a Canadian who wins with a course record pulls in $3,750 = $1,500 for 1st + $750 for Top Canadian + $500 Canadian course record + $1,000 Overall course record|
Masters (40+) Performance Awards
Wheelers (Half Marathon) Performance Awards
|2nd||prize pack||prize pack|
|3rd||prize pack||prize pack|
Invited Athlete Requirements
Automatic Acceptance if ranked Top 10 in BC for 2019
- Invited Athletes: Recieve Complimentary Entry, Elite Athlete Start Zone, Elite Hospitality, Elite Athlete Drink Support, Course Tours and Event Day Transportation. Course Tours based on demand. Limited acceptance based on the applications and up to the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
- Travel Assistance: Potential for select Elites who draw significant media attention. As the event is organized by a non-profit, please note funds are limited.
- Accommodation: Limited comped room nights based on applications and up to the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
- All athletes must have run on a certified course within the last two years
- Applications will be processed as they are received
- Applications MUST be received by February 15
- All athletes must be current members of their provincial branch of Athletics Canada OR of their national federation
- To be eligible for the Top Canadian Athlete Awards, athletes must be Canadian citizens
- Travel assistance may be available for Elites who bring significant media attention
- Athletes must have their own identification to enter and exit the country
- Limited invitation letters will be provided at the Elite Athlete Coordinator discretion
NOTE: Invited Athlete acceptance is limited and will be considered on a case by case basis. This is an application only and does not guarantee acceptance. Once we have received your application, the Elite Athlete Coordinator will contact you to discuss your acceptance. Thank you for understanding!
PAST CHAMPIONS | PAST RESULTS | EVENT RECORDS | WORLD RECORDS