RUN4HOPE, the charity program of the BMO Vancouver Marathon, aims to raise funds for social impact and community good, and foster a spirit of community celebration. The program provides value to charities and enables runners to fundraise and/or donate to meaningful causes. Organized by the local non-profit RUNVAN®, the RUN4HOPE Charity program has helped runners raise over $15 million for charity. Run & Give!
Take your race to another level – run & raise funds for one of our Official Charity Partners!
Become a Charity Runner
Charity runners gain access to fundraising tools, specific to their chosen charity. Once a charity runner raises $400 for their charity, RUNVAN® will reimburse their race registration 20%. Hit $400 fundraised in January, and you’ll be entered to win a new Suunto watch plus a $500 top-up donation to your charity!
- Register as a Charity Runner
- Click on the event you wish to run from the RED highlighted charity pricing
- During your registration, select a Gold, Silver or Bronze Charity to support
- You will receive 20% off race registration once you fundraise $400 (or, if a Charity Relay Team, fundraise $1,200)
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success!
- After registering, you will also receive a receipt of payment
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a charity runner to support these great causes! Anyone can make a donation to one of our Official Charities. Please consider donating when registering, or invite your family and friends to donate after you have registered. Your support is greatly appreciated!
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School
- St. John Ambulance, BC & Yukon
- ALS Society of BC (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC)
- BC Lupus
- Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
- Down Syndrome Resource Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- Vancouver Firefighter Charities
- YMCA of Greater Vancouver
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Easter Seals BC & Yukon
- KidSport BC
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, BC & Yukon
- Prostate Cancer Foundation BC
- Rare Disease Foundation
Charities may still apply to become a 2020 charity and choose from three packages: Gold, Silver and Bronze. All RUN4HOPE charities must be legally registered charities in good standing with the Canadian Revenue Agency. See the current list here
To apply to become an Official Charity for the 2020 BMO Vancouver Marathon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Charities are not sponsors of the BMO Vancouver Marathon and their participation in the event should not be construed as an endorsement by the Marathon. We understand and expect that in a diverse society there will also be diversity of views, opinions, and causes. It is in this spirit that we allow and welcome a broad range of participants.