Run & Fundraise
RUN4HOPE, the charity program of the BMO Vancouver Marathon, aims to raise funds for social impact and community good, and foster a spirit of community celebration. The program provides value to charities and enables runners to fundraise and/or donate to meaningful causes. Organized by the local non-profit RUNVAN®, the RUN4HOPE Charity program has helped runners raise over $16 million combined for charity.
Thank you for helping to raise over $70,000 this past year. Let’s continue to Run & Give!
Charity runners gain access to fundraising tools, specific to their chosen charity!
How to become a charity runner
- Register as a Charity Runner
- During your registration, select your preferred Charity to support
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success!
- After registering, you will also receive a receipt of payment
Supporting Great Causes
You don’t have to be a charity runner to support these great causes! Anyone can make a donation to one of our Official Charities. Please consider donating when registering, or invite your family and friends to donate after you have registered. Your support is greatly appreciated!
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Kenneth Gordon Maplewood School
- St. John Ambulance, BC & Yukon
- ALS Society of BC (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC)
- BC Lupus Society
- Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
- Down Syndrome Resource Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- The Walking School Bus
- YMCA of Greater Vancouver
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Easter Seals BC & Yukon
- KidSport BC
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, BC & Yukon
- Prostate Cancer Foundation BC
- Rare Disease Foundation
Note: Charities are not sponsors of the BMO Vancouver Marathon and their participation in the event should not be construed as an endorsement by the Marathon. We understand and expect that in a diverse society there will also be diversity of views, opinions, and causes. It is in this spirit that we allow and welcome a broad range of participants.