RUN4HOPE, the charity program of the BMO Vancouver Marathon, aims to raise funds for social impact and community good, and foster a spirit of community celebration. The program provides value to charities and enables runners to fundraise and/or donate to meaningful causes. Organized by the local non-profit RUNVAN®, the RUN4HOPE program has helped runners raise over $15 million for charity. Run & Give!
Become a charity partner and benefit from runner fundraising initiatives and donations!
Become an Official Charity
The 2020 RUN4HOPE Charity Program has now launched!
Charities may choose from three packages: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
All RUN4HOPE charities must be legally registered charities in good standing with the Canadian Revenue Agency.
To apply to become an Official Charity for the 2020 BMO Vancouver Marathon, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charities are not sponsors of the BMO Vancouver Marathon and their participation in the event should not be construed as an endorsement by the Marathon. We understand and expect that in a diverse society there will also be diversity of views, opinions, and causes. It is in this spirit that we allow and welcome a broad range of participants.
Become a Charity Runner
Charity runners gain access to fundraising tools, specific to their chosen charity. Once a charity runner raises $400 for their charity, RUNVAN® will reimburse their race registration 20%.
- Register as a Charity Runner
- Click on the event you wish to run from the RED highlighted charity pricing
- During your registration, select a Gold, Silver or Bronze Charity to support
- You will receive 20% off race registration once you fundraise $400 for your chosen charity
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment
- Charity Relay teams must fundraise a total of $1200 to be eligible for the 20% discount
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a charity runner to support these great causes! Anyone can make a donation to one of our Official Charities. Please consider donating when registering, or invite your family and friends to donate after you have registered. Your support is greatly appreciated!
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- ALS Society of BC (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC)
- BC Lupus
- Down Syndrome Resource Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- Vancouver Firefighter Charities
- YMCA of Greater Vancouver
- Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Easter Seals BC & Yukon
- KidSport BC
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, BC & Yukon
- Prostate Cancer Foundation BC
Learn more about all RUN4HOPE Charities here.