Discover how simple and small changes can ultimately have a huge impact on your health, fitness and quality of life. Training is not a test but rather a magical journey that will empower you mentally, physically and provide a ‘I can do it’ attitude.” – John Stanton
Running Room Training Clinics – Exclusive Offer
Running Room Training Clinics
Get trusted support and instruction from the Running Room and hit the BMO Vancouver Marathon Start Line with confidence! BMO Vancouver Marathon and Half Marathon training programs begin in January. *Through an exclusive and special offer, all BMO Vancouver Marathon participants can receive Running Room Training Clinics for just $59.99 plus taxes – a $30 savings over regular prices! Join today and properly prepare for your best race yet!
Savings are only available with race registration or through the Race Store.
Already registered for the race? Sign-up for the Training Clinics online by entering your confirmation code at the Race Store. Happy training!
“This by far one of the best clinics I have joined. The experience from the instructor and the group leaders were invaluable. Learning from their trials and tribulations taught me mental preparation, to work through the pain, and doing the right thing. The speakers were great with lots of information. Great clinic! “
Running Room Pace Bunnies will also be on the BMO Vancouver Marathon and Half Marathon courses pacing, so you may race to your goal time! You may meet your pace bunnies and Running Room founder John Stanton at the annual Friendship Run! The day before your race – meet Saturday, 9am, at Running Room – 679 Denman Street. Learn more
Running Room Training Tips
“Believing in yourself is your first step towards success.”
“Some runs are tough but as an athlete, prove you’re tougher.”
“Your life changed significantly because you made the choice to run a marathon.”
Presented by John Stanton
Looking for training tips and advice? John Stanton of Running Room provides great insight and tips along with a 18-week training program for your BMO Vancouver Marathon journey! Join the official clinics to get the maximum benefits and enjoy friendly group comradery.
- Week 1: Introduction – “Believing in yourself is your first step towards success.”
- Week 2: Building a Base – “What you do today in your training will shape your future.”
- Week 3: Long Runs – “Some runs are tough but as an athlete, prove you’re tougher.”
- Week 4: Breathing and Running Form – “A relaxed, upright posture is the best running position.”
- Week 5: Run-Walk Combinations of 10:1 Work – “Stress and rest is the foundation of all training programs.”
- Week 6: The Benefits of Hill Training – “Runners have used hills for decades as a way to increase endurance, strength and speed.”
- Week 7: Tips for Getting the Right Shoes at the Running Room – “Motion control, Cushioning and Stability Running Shoes.”
- Week 8: Threshold or Tempo Sessions – “Tempo runs are an essential part of your running program.”
- Week 9: What to eat when training for a Marathon or a Half Marathon – “Smart nutrition is variety, moderation and wholesomeness.”
- Week 10: Speed Training Runs to Prevent Injuries – “Speed improves your coordination and the ability to run faster, beyond your current comfort level.”
- Week 11: How do I Optimize my Training? – “There are various kinds of running that can be used for different purposes.”
- Week 12: Side Stitch while Running – “The common problem may be related to food allergies, particularly milk, gas, or eating just prior to running.”
- Week 13: Hydration for Runners – “Water is the best way.”
- Week 14: Marathon Surfaces – “Most of your workouts should be done on the road to best simulate race conditions.”
- Week 15: Learning how to Pace yourself in Running – “Listen to your body.”
- Week 16: 9 Race-Day Tips – “Stay relaxed and in control of your best performance.”
- Week 17: The Importance of Rest and Recovery for Runners – “Tapering is the fine art of rest.”
- Week 18: Reach The Finish Line with a smile on your face – “Your life changed significantly because you made the choice to run a marathon.”
MARATHON | HALF MARATHON | 8KM | RELAY | KIDS RUN