RUN4HOPE is the charity program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. The RUN4HOPE program provides value to charities, and charitable options for participants, enabling runners to fundraise and/or donate to charities. Run & Give! Organized by our non-profit RUNVAN®, the event’s RUN4HOPE program has helped runners like you raise more than $14.9 million for charity and community good. Note: as a charity runner you commit to raising a minimum $300. Thank you!
Charity runners save 35%, and support others
Take your race to another level – run and raise funds for one of our Official Charity Partners to enjoy a more meaningful run! RUN4HOPE runners enjoy 35% off registration and commit to raising a minimum amount as defined by the charity chosen. Should you like to just race, click here.
Becoming a charity runner is easy:
1. Register as a Charity Runner for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or 8KM.
2. Click on the event you wish to run, from the RED highlighted charity pricing.
3. While you sign-up, select a Gold, Silver or Bronze Charity to raise funds for.
Important notes for charity runners:
- You receive 35% off race registration, but also commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose.
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment, plus an additional confirmation email which includes links to the charity fund raising pages.
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a Charity Runner to donate! Anyone may make a donation to one of our charities. Please consider donating when registering, or invite your family and friends to donate after you’ve registered. Your support is greatly appreciated! You may donate to any of the charities listed below.
2018 Gold Charities
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
- The Walking School Bus
2018 Silver Charities
- ALS Society of BC (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC)
- Canadian Cancer Society BC and Yukon
- Diabetes Canada
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, BC & Yukon
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- SportAbility CP Sport of BC
- World Vision – Team World Vision
- YMCA of Greater Vancouver
2018 Bronze Charities
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- BC Lupus Society
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Easter Seals BC & Yukon
- Prostate Cancer Foundation B.C
Learn more about all RUN4HOPE Charities here.
All RUN4HOPE charities must be legally registered charities in Good Standing with the Canadian Revenue Agency. Charities are not sponsors of the Vancouver International Marathon and their participation in the Marathon should not be construed as an endorsement by the Marathon. We understand and expect that in a diverse society there will be also be diversity of views, opinions and causes. It is in this spirit that we allow and welcome a broad range of participants.
Since the mid-nineties, the local non-profit Vancouver International Marathon Society has worked with a broad range of local, national and international charities and charity runners to help raise more than $14.9 million for charitable causes.