Raising funds for community good
RUN4HOPE is the charity program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. The RUN4HOPE program provides more value to charities and charitable options for participants, enabling runners to fund raise and/or donate to charities. Run and give in 2017! The event’s RUN4HOPE program has helped runners raise more than $14 million for charity and community good. Thank you to all charity runners and charities!
Become a Charity Runner
As a RUN4HOPE runner, you commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose. Take your running to another level by making a big impact for our community. Run and raise funds for one of our National or Official Charity Partners to enjoy an exciting and meaningful run! RUN4HOPE runners also enjoy 35% off registration!
Becoming a charity runner is easy:
1. Register Online as a Charity Runner for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or 8KM.
2. Click on the event you wish to run, from the RED highlighted charity pricing.
3. During the sign-up process, select the National or Official Charity you wish to raise money for.
Important notes for charity runners:
- You receive 35% off race registration, but also commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose.
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment, plus an additional confirmation email which includes links to the charity fund raising pages.
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a Charity Runner to donate! All runners can choose to make a donation to one of our charities during the race registration process. Please consider making a donation when registering. Your support is greatly appreciated.
To make additional donations after registration or to invite family and friends to donate, please visit our Make a Donation page.
You may donate to any of the National, Official and Community Charities listed below. Thank you for helping to make a great impact for our community!
2017 National Charities
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, BC & Yukon
2017 Official Charities
- ALS Society of BC (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC)
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Cancer Society BC and Yukon Division
- Canadian Diabetes Association – Team Diabetes
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- SportAbility CP Sport of BC
- Surfrider Foundation Vancouver
- World Vision – Team World Vision
2017 Community Charities
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- Collingwood Community Policing Centre
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Easter Seals BC & Yukon
- Prostate Cancer Foundation B.C