Raising funds for community good
RUN4HOPE is the charity program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. The 2016 RUN4HOPE program has been improved to provide more value for charities and more charitable options for participants. Runners can now fundraise and/or donate to 40+ charities. Run and give this year! The event’s RUN4HOPE program has helped runners raise more than $13 million for charity and community good. Thank you!
Become a Charity Runner
Note: The Charity Runner category is now full!
As a RUN4HOPE runner, you commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose. Take your running to another level by making a big impact for our community. Run and raise funds for one of our National or Official Charity Partners to enjoy an exciting and meaningful run! RUN4HOPE runners also enjoy 40% off registration!
Becoming a charity runner is easy:
1. Register Online as a Charity Runner for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or 8KM.
2. Click on the event you wish to run, from the RED highlighted charity pricing.
3. During the sign-up process, select the National or Official Charity you wish to raise money for.
Important notes for charity runners:
- You receive 40% off race registration, but also commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose.
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment, plus an additional confirmation email which includes links to the charity fund raising pages.
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a Charity Runner to donate! All runners can choose to make a donation to one of our 40+ charity partners during the race registration process. Please considering making a donation when registering. Your support is greatly appreciated.
To make additional donations after registration or to invite family and friends to donate, please visit our Make a Donation page.
You may donate to any of the 40+ National, Official and Community Charities listed below. Thank you for helping to make a great impact for our community!
Our National Charities
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Team in Training: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association – Team Diabetes
Our Official Charities
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
- Ronald McDonald House, BC
- Team Finn Foundation
- World Vision – Team World Vision
- KidSafe Project Society
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- SportAbility CP Sport of BC
- True Sport Foundation
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- BC & Alberta Guide Dogs
- Surrey Hospital & Outpatient Centre Foundation
- BreatheBC~TB Vets Charitable Foundation
- Pacific Autism Family Centre Foundation
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Hilarity for Charity
Our Community Charities
- ‘NSTEP to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- Quest Food Exchange
- Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
- BC SPCA
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Prostate Cancer Foundation B.C
- Royal Canadian Legion Foundation BC/Yukon Command
- Pain BC
- Collingwood Community Policing Centre
- The Save Your Skin Foundation
- Movember Foundation Canada
- Honour House Society
- Arts Umbrella
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, BC Chapter
- Pets and Friends
- The Kettle Friendship Society
- Vancouver Humane Society