RUN4HOPE is the charity program of the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. RUN4HOPE provides value to charities, and charitable options for participants, enabling runners to fundraise and/or donate to charities. Run & Give! Organized by the local non-profit RUNVAN®, the event’s RUN4HOPE program has helped runners like you raise over $15 million for charity. Thank you!
Charity runners save 20%, and support others
Take your race to another level – run and raise funds for one of our Official Charity Partners to enjoy a more meaningful run! RUN4HOPE runners enjoy 20% off registration, reimbursed after $400 is fundraised. Should you like to just race, click here.
Becoming a charity runner is easy:
1. Register as a Charity Runner for the Marathon, Half Marathon, Relay or 8KM.
2. Click on the event you wish to run, from the RED highlighted charity pricing.
3. While you sign-up, select a Gold, Silver or Bronze Charity to raise funds for.
Important notes for charity runners:
- You receive 20% off race registration, once you fundraise $400.
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment, plus an additional confirmation email which includes links to the charity fund raising pages.
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a Charity Runner to donate! Anyone may make a donation to one of the official charities. Please consider donating when registering, or invite your family and friends to donate after you’ve registered. Your support is greatly appreciated! You may donate to any of the charities listed below.
2018 Gold Charities
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
2018 Silver Charities
- ALS Society of BC (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada, BC & Yukon
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- YMCA of Greater Vancouver
2018 Bronze Charities
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- BC Lupus Society
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Easter Seals BC & Yukon
- Habitat for Humanity
- Prostate Cancer Foundation BC
Learn more about all RUN4HOPE Charities here.
All RUN4HOPE charities must be legally registered charities in Good Standing with the Canadian Revenue Agency. Charities are not sponsors of the Vancouver International Marathon and their participation in the Marathon should not be construed as an endorsement by the Marathon. We understand and expect that in a diverse society there will be also be diversity of views, opinions and causes. It is in this spirit that we allow and welcome a broad range of participants.