The non-profit Vancouver International Marathon Society proudly rewards volunteer groups who support the BMO Vancouver Marathon. To acknowledge the special role volunteer groups play in volunteering at the BMO Vancouver Marathon, awards will be presented to volunteer groups. The Volunteer Awards recognize, celebrate and motivate volunteer groups that contribute to the event as volunteers.
Volunteers play a vital role at the BMO Vancouver Marathon. Each year, approximately 3,300 volunteers contribute 16,000 hours over several months to help stage the event. Volunteer Awards honour those groups who are most enthusiastic and demonstrate a commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of the Society.
The Volunteer Awards recognize and celebrate volunteer groups who participate as volunteers in the BMO Vancouver Marathon. Awards will be distributed to volunteer groups that meet and exceed the award criteria.
- The Award is open to any volunteer group (a club, society, charity, non-profit, school, college, university or association that is organized and operated without the purpose of making a profit).
- The Volunteer Award judging criteria requires that volunteer groups:
- provide a minimum of 15 or more volunteers;
- create a fun and memorable experience for volunteers, officials, spectators, runners and community;
- demonstrate community spirit and enthusiasm for the event, runners, and spectators;
- uphold the values of the Society;
- and demonstrate a commitment to the safety of runners, volunteers, spectators and other stakeholders.
- The Vancouver International Marathon Society, the non-profit organization responsible for BMO Vancouver Marathon, will select the winners.
- Winners will be advised and notified in writing prior to the award presentation.
- Awards will be presented after the marathon event at the Community Celebration in late May.
- Awards are non-transferable.