Thank you for your interest in the BMO Vancouver Marathon! We have been overwhelmed with qualified applications and the elite fields are nearly complete. For special consideration, please email the Elite Athlete Coordinator directly at email@example.com.
The BMO Vancouver Marathon and Vancouver Half Marathon are organized and operated by the Vancouver International Marathon Society RUNVAN®, a non-profit organization. The event is one of Canada’s largest marathons and has an incredible history within Vancouver and the international running community.
The Invited Athlete Program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon strives to foster Canadian runners while respecting the importance of the international running community in celebration of event records and high performance.
BC Marathon Championship
New for 2018 and 2019, we will host the BC Marathon Championships in conjunction with BC Athletics! “As the largest and most competitive Marathon in BC, it provides BC’s best marathoners with an ideal opportunity to qualify to represent BC at the Canadian Marathon Championship,” adds Maurice Wilson of BC Athletics. Learn more. View this year’s line-up here.
2018 BMO Vancouver Marathon Performance Awards
Overall Performance Awards
|1st place||$3000||$3000||1st place||$1500||$1500|
|2nd place||$2000||$2000||2nd place||$800||$800|
|3rd place||$1000||$1000||3rd place||$500||$500|
|4th place||$500||$500||4th place||$300||$300|
|5th place||$200||$200||5th place||$100||$100|
Should an elite break a Course Record in either the Marathon or Half Marathon, they will receive Course Record Bonuses of $2,000 and $1,000, respectively. Only the first runner to break the record bonus will receive the reward.
Top Canadian Performance Awards
|1st place||$1000||$1000||1st place||$750||$750|
|2nd place||$750||$750||2nd place||$400||$400|
|3rd place||$500||$500||3rd place||$200||$200|
Additional BC Marathon Championship performance will be awarded by BC Athletics.
BC Athletics will additionally present Championship Medals and Performance Awards of $200, $100 and $50 to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall finishers, respectively, in each gender category.
Masters (40+) Performance Awards
|1st place||$500||$500||1st place||$300||$300|
|2nd place||$300||$300||2nd place||$200||$200|
|3rd place||$200||$200||3rd place||$100||$100|
Wheelers (Only Half Marathon) Performance Awards
|2nd place||prize pack||prize pack|
|3rd place||prize pack||prize pack|
Invited Athlete Requirements
Automatic Acceptance if ranked Top 10 in BC for 2018
|Half Marathon||1:10||1:20||Half Marathon||1:06||1:15|
Masters (40+) Invited Athlete requirements:
- Invited Athletes: Recieve Complimentary Entry, Elite Athlete Start Zone, Elite Hospitality, Elite Athlete Drink Support, Course Tours and Event Day Transportation. Course Tours based on demand. Limited acceptance based on the applications and up to the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
- Travel Assistance: Travel Assistance for Top 5 Finishers Post-Event up to $400 in North America only
- Accommodation: Limited to a maximum of 24 athletes based on applications and up to the discretion of the Elite Athlete Coordinator.
NOTE: Invited Athlete acceptance is limited and will be considered on a case by case basis. This is an application only and does not guarantee acceptance. Once we have received your application, the Elite Athlete Coordinator will contact you to discuss your acceptance. Thank you for understanding!
CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
- All athletes must have run on a certified course within the last two years
- Applications will be processed as they are received.
- Applications MUST be received by March 1, 2018.
- All athletes must be current members of their provincial branch of Athletics Canada OR of their national federation.
- To be eligible for the Top Canadian Athlete Awards, athletes must be Canadian citizens.
- To be eligible for the Top BC Athlete Awards, athletes must be members of BC Athletics.
- Travel assistance will be limited to within North America to a maximum of $400 for Top 5 Finishers in each event only.
- Athletes must have their own identification to enter and exit the country.
- Limited invitation letters will be provided at the Elite Athlete Coordinator discretion.
PAST CHAMPIONS | PAST RESULTS | EVENT RECORDS | WORLD RECORDS