Raising funds for community good
RUN4HOPE is the charity program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. The 2016 RUN4HOPE program has been improved to provide more value for charities and more charitable options for participants. Runners can now fundraise and/or donate to 40+ charities. Run and give this year! The event’s RUN4HOPE program has helped runners raise more than $13 million for charity and community good. Thank you!
Become a Charity Runner
As a RUN4HOPE runner, you commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose. Take your running to another level by making a big impact for our community. Run and raise funds for one of our National or Official Charity Partners to enjoy an exciting and meaningful run! RUN4HOPE runners also enjoy 40% off registration!
Becoming a charity runner is easy:
1. Register Online as a Charity Runner for the Marathon, Marathon Relay, Half Marathon or 8KM. ((If you are on the registration page and don’t see RED charity pricing, click twice on the blue button at the top that says ‘Charity Runner’.)
2. Click on the event you wish to run, from the RED highlighted charity pricing.
3. During the sign-up process, select the National or Official Charity you wish to raise money for.
Important notes for charity runners:
- You receive 40% off race registration, but also commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose.
- You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
- After registering, you will receive a receipt of payment, plus an additional confirmation email which includes links to the charity fund raising pages.
Donate to Great Causes
You don’t have to be a Charity Runner to donate! All runners can choose to make a donation to one of our 40+ charity partners during the race registration process. Please considering making a donation when registering. Your support is greatly appreciated.
To make additional donations after registration or to invite family and friends to donate, please visit our Make a Donation page.
You may donate to any of the 40+ National, Official and Community Charities listed below. Thank you for helping to make a great impact for our community!
Our National Charities
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Team in Training: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association – Team Diabetes
Our Official Charities
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
- Ronald McDonald House, BC
- Team Finn Foundation
- World Vision – Team World Vision
- KidSafe Project Society
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- SportAbility CP Sport of BC
- True Sport Foundation
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- BC & Alberta Guide Dogs
- Surrey Hospital & Outpatient Centre Foundation
- TB Vets Charitable Foundation
- Pacific Autism Family Centre Foundation
- BC Cancer Foundation
- Hilarity for Charity
Our Community Charities
- ‘NSTEP to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- Quest Food Exchange
- Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
- BC SPCA
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Prostate Cancer Foundation B.C
- Royal Canadian Legion Foundation BC/Yukon Command
- Pain BC
- Collingwood Community Policing Centre
- The Save Your Skin Foundation
- Movember Foundation Canada
- Honour House Society
- Arts Umbrella
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, BC Chapter
- Pets and Friends
- The Kettle Friendship Society
- Vancouver Humane Society