Raising funds for community good
RUN4HOPE is the charity program for the BMO Vancouver Marathon, with goals to raise funds for social impact and community good, plus foster a spirit of community celebration. The 2016 RUN4HOPE program has been improved to provide more value for charities. Runners can now fundraise and/or donate to our National, Official, or Community Charities.
The event’s RUN4HOPE program has helped runners raise more than $13 million for charity and community good. Thank you!
Become a Charity Runner
Take your running to another level by making a big impact for our community. Run and raise funds for one of our National or Official Charity Partners and enjoy an exciting and meaningful run!
As a RUN4HOPE runner, you commit to raising a minimum amount defined by the charity you choose. After registering, you will be contacted by your charity and will be provided with fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success.
Becoming a charity runner is easy.
- Register Online to participate in the Marathon, Half Marathon or 8KM
- On the registration form, you will be asked if you wish to become a RUN4HOPE Charity Runner under the section “Become a RUN4HOPE Charity Runner“, click YES
- Select the charity you want to raise money for. As a charity runner, you commit to raise a minimum defined by the charity you choose. You will receive fundraising tools and support directly from the charity to help make your fundraising a success. We will connect you with your charity as soon as you register.
- Register Online today to become a charity runner
Donate to Great Causes
Our Charity Partners do amazing things for our community and the communities they serve. Support them and give back by making a donation during registration. To make additional donations after registration or to invite family and friends to donate, visit our Make a Donation page. Thank you for helping to make a great impact for our community!
Our National Charities
- Down Syndrome Research Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canuck Place Children’s Hospice
- Team in Training: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Canadian Diabetes Association – Team Diabetes
Our Official Charities
- British Columbia Schizophrenia Society
- Ronald McDonald House, BC
- Team Finn Foundation
- World Vision – Team World Vision
- KidSafe Project Society
- Canadian Cancer Society
- Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver
- SportAbility CP Sport of BC
- True Sport Foundation
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Society of BC
- Mom2Mom Child Poverty Initiative
- BC & Alberta Guide Dogs
Our Community Charities
- ‘NSTEP to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
- The Arthritis Society, BC & Yukon
- Quest Food Exchange
- Take a Hike Youth at Risk Foundation
- BC SPCA
- Covenant House Vancouver
- Prostate Cancer Foundation B.C
- Royal Canadian Legion Foundation BC/Yukon Command
- Pacific Autism Family Centre Foundation
- Pain BC
- Collingwood Community Policing Centre
- The Save Your Skin Foundation
- Movember Foundation Canada
- Honour House Society
- Arts Umbrella
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, BC Chapter